Sterne School is currently full for fall 2017.
Please reach out on or after August 7, 2017. At that time and after, we will consider applicants for the 2017-2018 wait pool, as well as begin to consider applicants for the 2018-2019 school year.
ON OR AFTER AUGUST 7, 2017 - SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
1. On or after August 7, 2017, email our Director of Admission Angela Gengras at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an initial appointment
2. After the initial parent/guardian appointment with Admissions occurs, submit an application with supporting documents to Sterne School Admissions.
You may email items to email@example.com or mail items to the school. (Please note, however, we are moving campuses over the summer and will transition to our new 838 Kearny Street mailing address at some point in later July)
3. Complete and provide Sterne School's transcript request form to the student's current school. Request that the current school submit the transcripts directly to Sterne School by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
5TH-8TH GRADE APPLICANTS
4. If applying for 5th-8th grade, see below.*
HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANTS
4. If applying for High School, see below.**
5. Visit day for prospective student.
ATTEND OPEN HOUSE
6. At any point in the Admissions process, parents and guardians are welcome to attend an Open House.
Admissions 5th-8th decision notifications for the 2018-2019 school year will be emailed on March 15, 2018 after 12 p.m.
Admissions High School decision notifications for the 2018-2019 school year will be emailed March 16, 2018 after 4 p.m.
After the March first round decision notification dates, Sterne School Admissions’ decisions and wait pool decisions are made on a rolling basis. The rolling decisions are provided to the family after the student visit day and after all required paperwork has been submitted.
* For 5th-8th grade applicants only: The Parent/Guardian will complete the top portion and provide the Common Evaluation Form to a Teacher or Learning Specialist at the student's current school. Request that the Teacher or Learning Specialist at the current school submit the completed Common Evaluation Form directly to Sterne School by emailing it to email@example.com
** For High School applicants only: The Parent/Guardian will complete the top portions and provide the Sterne High School Principal, English, and Math Recommendation Forms to the current Principal, English teacher, and Math teacher. Request that the current school submit the three Sterne High School Recommendation Forms directly to Sterne School by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the High School applicant previously has asked or will ask his/her current faculty to complete the common Bay Area Independent High Schools (BAIHS) Recommendation Forms, then Sterne School is happy to accept copies of the BAIHS Recommendation Forms from the Principal, English Teacher, and Math Teacher. The current school may email these forms directly to email@example.com