Sterne School is a private, co-educational day school for students with learning differences in grades 5 - 12. The Sterne School curriculum is a strengths-based model promoting intellectual curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving. Sterne's faculty and staff are committed to helping our students grow and blossom into their strengths and place in the world.
Sterne School is an equal employment opportunity employer and enforces each person’s right to equal employment opportunity. This means that employment decisions in recruitment, selection, training, assignment, rate of pay or other compensation, termination or any other personnel action are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, immigration status, military and veteran status, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, actual gender or the perception of gender through a person’s identity, appearance or behavior, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, or cancer-related medical condition, marital status or veteran status.
Current Open Positions:
High School Math Teacher
Sterne School is currently seeking a 9th/10th grade mathematics teacher to develop and implement an innovative mathematics curriculum for students who learn differently.
Qualifications and attributes of the ideal candidate are:
- At least two years of teaching experience preferred
- A love for working with high school students
- A familiarity with the developmental and learning needs of adolescents
- Has the ability to teach Algebra I and Geometry
- Experience with technology as a tool for engaging students
- Creative approach to engaging students in a balance of inquiry and project-based learning
- Has the ability to collaborate with students, teachers, and families
Email cover letter and resume to Melissa Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include "High School Math Teacher" in subject line