Middle School English Language Arts
Middle School English Language Arts teacher
Sterne School is seeking a versatile middle school English Language Arts teacher to join our team of teachers. We are a small, independent school community serving neurodiverse learners with small group instruction at the core of our model. We are seeking a teacher who is ready to inspire students with a broad range of academic skills, including students with dyslexia and with significant struggles with writing. Sterne has adopted the Jane Schaeffer writing program across all grade levels and content areas, so experience with that is helpful (we will also train you!).
Sterne School provides full-day instruction to lower and high school students. The school’s mission is to build on the foundation of individual strengths to discover and nurture each student’s version of greatness. In a warm respectful atmosphere, our students become confident, disciplined, responsible citizens able to meet the challenges of further learning and society. The school is certified by the California State Department of Education and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Sterne School is an equal opportunity employer.
The following is a summary of job duties and responsibilities:
- Providing planned, structured, and research-based instruction to students in a way that best meets their individual needs and profile
- Embodying and supporting the Sterne School Mission Statement, Diversity Statement and goals, and Core Values
- Substituting as needed
- Carefully and consistently recording assignments, grades, and progress on student assignment sheets and on the Learning Management System
- Preparing quarterly report cards which are consistent with course descriptions, lesson plans, and information as part of concise and regular communication with parents
- Providing supervision of students at all times, and always maintaining clearly stated classroom limits in supportive, firm ways
- Maintaining an organized, orderly classroom which sets executive functioning standards for students, including care for books, computers, iPads, materials, and the school site
- Participating in parent/teacher/student conferences
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to: Sarah Ridenour, Director of Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sterne School is an equal employment opportunity employer and enforces each person’s right to equal employment opportunity. This means that employment decisions in recruitment, selection, training, assignment, rate of pay or other compensation, termination or any other personnel action are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.