Sterne School is a private, co-educational day school for students with learning differences in grades 5 - 12. The Sterne School curriculum is a strengths-based model promoting intellectual curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving. Sterne's faculty and staff are committed to helping our students grow and blossom into their strengths and place in the world.
Sterne School is an equal employment opportunity employer and enforces each person’s right to equal employment opportunity. This means that employment decisions in recruitment, selection, training, assignment, rate of pay or other compensation, termination or any other personnel action are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, immigration status, military and veteran status, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, actual gender or the perception of gender through a person’s identity, appearance or behavior, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, or cancer-related medical condition, marital status or veteran status.
Current Open Positions:
Upper Elementary & Middle School (UEMS) Generalist Teacher
Looking for a full time teacher for our UEMS program (grades 4-8)
- Responsible for literature, composition, math, and homeroom
- At least two years of teaching experience preferred
- Background in learning differences perferred
- A familiarity with the developmental and learning needs of adolescents
- Experience with technology as a tool for engaging students
- Creative approach to engaging students in a balance of inquiry and project-based learning
- Has the ability to collaborate with students, teachers, and families