Auction Donation Wishlist
This year, Sterne plans to have an online auction the week before the Gala. When you contribute an item, the Auction team will contact you to discuss which auction format would be most appropriate for your donation. Below is a list of auction donation items we'd love to include in our auctions. If you have any questions, email: email@example.com. Please put your name on the item when you deliver it. Deadline to deliver items February 14th.
Can't decide what to contribute? Give an underwriting gift, and we'll get something for you! Go to our auction underwriting form, make your contribution of any amount, and a Gala volunteer will get in touch about how your gift can be used.
- Unforgettable Experiences: Great seats, cool venue, after-hours, meet the artist, backstage, personal tour, customized art, etc.
- Vacation Stays: Cabins, glamping adventures, condos, time-shares, hotels. Value should not exceed $5,000 or so. If you can offer Sterne Spring Break or other school holiday times, it will be very popular! Spring Break: April 2-6, 2019. *
- Dining Experiences: Restaurant certificates, personal chef dinner, etc. *
- Entertainment: Theater, ballet, symphony, opera. If you know someone with season tickets, ask them to donate. Have tickets you’re unable to use? Donate them! Venues should be local to Bay Area. Justin Timberlake, the stones, Book of Mormon, Cirque du Soleil, Itzak Perlman, etc. *
- Family Fun: Outings for the family, such as ziplining, bike tours, circus, aquariums, museums, etc. Avoid activities for children under the age of 10. *
- Sports Tickets: Warriors, Giants, Sharks. It’s early for Giants tickets, but season ticket holders should have the schedule by then. *
- “Count Me In” Dinners or parties, for either adults or children, or both. You should have a date, time, and location arranged in advance so we can advertise and create invitations for winners. Creative, “outside the box” ideas do really well: Mixology party, Blue Angels watching party, March Madness, live music evening, pub quiz night, etc.
- Wine & Spirits: Bottles or cases of wine, beer, or spirits. Wine should be at least $35 per bottle. Bundle ideas: bundle with barware/glasses, cocktail recipe book, etc. Also looking for extra special wines for a special wine event (valued at $100 or more)
- Shopping, Home, & Beauty: Gift certificates for upscale stores or online catalogs, high-value home decor items (furry throw blanket, fabulous pillows, interesting pottery?), spa treatment certificates/baskets, high-end jewelry (valued at at least $75), high-end handbags, make-up baskets, etc. Note: Choose items that will appeal to as wide an audience as possible. *
- Summer Camps & Classes: Certificates for summer or spring break camps and classes. Avoid classes for children under the age of 10. Examples include art classes, coding school, sports camps, film, etc. Note: These items will appear in online auction only. *
* Some of these items may go into the online auction instead of the Gala auction. We will let you know.
Items We Can’t Accept:
Certificates for learning specialists or tutors
Activities for small children
Certificates for financial or home improvement consulting