A Sterne education isn’t contained within the classroom walls. Our academic calendar includes days and weeks devoted to experiential trips and community service opportunities.
Recent Experiential Week Adventures:
- California history tour of Sacramento
- San Francisco history walking tour
- Multicultural food appreciation tours
- Local mural artist visits
- Community service weeks, including park clean-up, animal control visit, and Food Bank work
On Expedition Days students venture out of the school building to engage in hands-on learning with their homerooms. They find opportunities to learn about the natural history, ecology, and preservation of San Francisco’s natural environment. Sea-kayaking near Candlestick Point, service projects at Cayuga Park, and birdwatching at Heron’s Head are some of the activities that engage students in meaningful work and create incredible opportunities for connecting with each other.