Start With Strengths
Sterne's Program for Grades 6-8
Middle School is a time when students begin deeper exploration of all academic areas and discover who they are as learners. Sterne’s Middle School offers a standards-based high school preparatory program with an emphasis on developing passions and strengths. Our approach takes into account the whole student: their unique learning profile, their strengths and interests, areas where they may need more focused attention. We maintain the flexibility to group students according to the type of learning support they require, so we can engage students at their instructional level in each discipline and offer integrated support whenever needed.
Explore Sterne's Middle School here on the site, and when you are ready to learn more, submit an inquiry.
The Pillars of our program:
- Small class sizes and individualized scheduling
- Differentiated instruction to address lagging skills and enrich advanced academic areas of strength
- Teachers with specialized training in supporting dyslexia, ADHD, and executive functioning
- Tailored literacy and math intervention and support based on learning profile and need
- Hands-on, project-based learning with arts integration
- Homeroom at beginning and end of each day for executive functioning support
- Specialized electives: maker, digital film, music, drama, studio art, and P.E.
- Competency-based social-emotional learning program
- A comprehensive 360° student life experience that includes arts, athletics, experiential learning, and enrichment
- Middle School community: Spirit Weeks, clubs, dances, Expedition Days, service learning, 8th-grade trip, and more!