The 838 Kearny Project
For over 40 years, Sterne School has provided a haven where Bay Area students are given the attention and resources to thrive according to their own strengths. Right now, we are in the homestretch of a campaign to finish the build-out of our school. Having renovated the classrooms to accommodate our small class sizes and completed a beautiful arts and sciences wing, we are now focusing on the lower level of our campus so we can provide the facilities to match the innovative, top-tier education our students receive.
This 10,000 square foot space represents an unprecedented opportunity to develop state-of-the art athletics and performing and visual arts facilities that will include:
- A Gymnasium to accommodate interscholastic athletics (basketball, volleyball, and team handball), recess and physical education.
- A Drama Classroom with stage and space that will be used for small performances as well as drama instruction and movement.
- An acoustically-treated Music Classroom with two adjacent sound-proof Rehearsal Rooms.
- A Digital Film Classroom complete with wrap-around green screen and a lighting and editing station.
- A Welcome Center for community gatherings, athletic games, performances and to receive guests and visitors from the broader community.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the campaign, please contact Head of School Melissa Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org.